2023 L.J. Hancock Summer Symposium Scholarship
About the L.J. Hancock Scholarship
The scholarship fund benefits individual students who are interested in attending the Music for All Summer Symposium but, due to financial hardship, cannot afford to pay the tuition and fees needed to attend this annual summer music camp.
Scholarships are awarded based on financial need.*
To hold a spot for applicants until scholarship applications can be evaluated, camp registration should be submitted to Music for All as soon as possible.
* Music for All determines financial need by comparing net household income to the National School Lunch program’s eligibility guidelines for reduced lunch assistance, adjusted for the Council for Community and Economic Research reported cost of living by state.
Application Submission Requirements:
1. Students must be prepared to respond to the essay prompts below:
- Describe how the Summer Symposium experience will help you become a better leader in your school music program.
- Describe the positive influence of music and your music education experiences on your life.
2. Parent or Guardian must submit a copy of their most recent federal tax return.
- Only the first two pages are required; please redact any social security numbers on the tax return before uploading.
- Special circumstances, including natural disasters, unemployment, bankruptcy, and family illness, will be considered. Please outline special circumstances in the space provided on the application form below.
3. Student's school ensemble DIRECTOR must provide application approval.
- The student must supply their director's contact information while filling out this application; the Submittable system will send the approval form directly to the student's director to complete.
4. Completed camp registration submitted at https://camp.musicforall.org/register/.
Applications are due by April 30, 2023.